Simply put, intermittent fasting is a diet that involves a cycle between eating and fasting. Through this cycle it’s possible to eventually improve metabolism rates to see advantages like weight loss, regulation of insulin levels and a boost in energy.
Intermittent fasting can actually have some incredible health benefits if you are willing to try it as a dietary strategy. If you need to good guide to applying intermittent fasting to get results, I would recommend Eat Stop Eat.
Here are some of the top five intermittent benefits you can see by using this diet plan:
1. Balance to hormones, the function of cells and more: Intermittent fasting has been shown to improve the way that we initiate a number of cellular repair processes. It can also change the hormone levels throughout our body to change the way that we store body fat.
2. It targets belly fat directly: Intermittent fasting is one of the most popular strategies for losing weight. Because you’ll be taking in lower calories every week this can speed up your metabolism and help you work at burning more calories. Intermittent fasting works especially well at targeting belly fat.
3. Lowers your risk of diabetes: Intermittent fasting has been shown to normalize blood sugar rates and this can reduce the risk of type II diabetes. Improvements to controlling blood sugar levels can really curb the chance of developing this disease as well as boost energy levels.
4. Improving cognitive health: Intermittent fasting can help to normalize blood sugar rates, reduce inflammation and more. Studies have shown that using intermittent fasting could actually help you to reduce the risk of a stroke or conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Improvements to heart health: Intermittent fasting has anti-inflammatory benefits, benefits for blood pressure, the ability to lower cholesterol, assistance with regulation of blood sugar levels and more. The effects on heart health could lead to a decreased risk of heart disease over time.
If you have thought of picking up and intermittent fasting, you may want to look at Eat Stop Eat to guide you with the process. When we consider some of these top benefits, the process of starting this diet could be well worth it to experience improvements in your health.